Author Topic: News 2016 ...  (Read 517 times)

Offline admina

• Administrator
  • Senior
  • " Just when I accepted defeat,I realised I won "
    • www.sonu-nigam.com
News 2016 ...
« on: 02. January 2016, 17:39:37 »
Five non-film albums of 2015 that you shouldn't miss

1.The Music Room – Sonu Nigam and Bickram Ghosh
The unlikely duo—Sonu Nigam, a singer and composer, and Bickram Ghosh, a well-known percussionist—have already collaborated for 2 films (Sooper Se Ooper and Jal), but it is in this album that their music soars! It has occasionally cringe-worthy lyrics (Spyder-man, by Sonu himself), but the bewildering array of hyper-inventive tunes and sounds helps the album immensely.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/five-nonfilm-albums-of-2015-that-you-shouldnt-miss/article8058774.ece

Offline admina

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • www.sonu-nigam.com
Re: News 2016 ...
« Reply #1 on: 05. January 2016, 06:05:01 »
गुजरात के उद्योगपति की शादी की सालगिरह में सोनू निगम की लाइव परफाॅर्मेंस
Bhaskar newsJan 04, 2016, 04:39 AM IST

गुजरात के उद्योगपति की शादी की सालगिरह में सोनू निगम की लाइव परफाॅर्मेंस
जोधपुर. उम्मेद पैलेस में गुजरात के प्रमुख उद्योगपति अश्विन भाई कोठारी की शादी की 50वीं सालगिरह रविवार को मनाई गई। समारोह में कुमार मंगलम बिड़ला व गौतम सिंघानिया सहित कई प्रमुख उद्योगपतियों व राजनेताओं ने शिरकत की।
सालगिरह की पूर्व संध्या पर शनिवार को भी सांस्कृतिक कार्यक्रम आयोजित हुआ।
1. रविवार को समारोह में पार्श्व गायक सोनू निगम ने लाइव परफॉर्मेंस दी। हाई-फाई लाइट एंड साउंड की व्यवस्था शहर के ही राजन एंप्लीफायर के अनिल पंवार की थी।
2. सोनू के साथ जैसलमेर मूल के लोक गायक मेमे खान ने भी प्रस्तुति दी। कार्यक्रम से पूर्व मेमे खान ने सोनू निगम के साथ खिंचवाई फोटो फेसबुक पर पोस्ट की।
3. कार्यक्रम को मुंबई की मशहूर एंकर एंजिला रिबेलो ने होस्ट किया।
आगे की स्लाइड्स में देखिए फोटोज।

http://www.bhaskar.com/news/RAJ-JOD-HMU-sonu-nigam-live-in-anniversary-of-industrialist-5213201-PHO.html

Offline admina

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • www.sonu-nigam.com
« Reply #2 on: 09. January 2016, 20:06:10 »
Enjoy the sweet and soulful voice of Sonu Nigam in the melodious song ‪#‎AyeZindagi‬ from ‪#‎ChalkNDuster‬

Offline admina

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • www.sonu-nigam.com
« Reply #3 on: 09. January 2016, 20:08:33 »

Wazir music review: ‘Tere Bin’ is not the only gem in this mixed bag!
The Farhan Akhtar and Amitabh Bachchan starrer presents a good music album too!
By India.com Entertainment Desk on January 5, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Tere Bin:
You just can’t get this beautiful track out of your head after the first listen! Sonu Nigam and Sherya Ghoshal’s mellifluous voices make this number absolutely magical. Equally beautifully composed by Shantanu Moitra and penned by Vidhu Vinod Chopra himself, Tere Bin is the cover song of this delightful album and rightly so!

http://www.india.com/showbiz/wazir-music-review-tere-bin-is-not-the-only-gem-in-this-mixed-bag-837100/

Offline admina

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • www.sonu-nigam.com
« Reply #4 on: 09. January 2016, 20:12:36 »

Sonu Nigam collaborates with Y Films for a special song
By BollywoodMDB, 06 January, 2016

The rumours are rife about Bollywood singer Sonu Nigam's new association with Yash Raj Films' subsidiary company called Y Films. Sonu has crooned multiple super hit tracks for Yash Raj Films including the late Yash Chopra's directorial 'Veer-Zaara'.

Y Films has roped in the talented singer Sonu Nigam for a special song and it is going to be an interesting association. Y Films have crafted a unique track and it's in the melodious voice of Sonu Nigam. The news update is waiting for its official announcement.

http://www.bollywoodmdb.com/news/sonu-nigam-collaborates-with-y-films-for-a-special-song

Offline admina

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • www.sonu-nigam.com
« Reply #5 on: 09. January 2016, 20:14:11 »

The world just got its first transgender fusion band. And all 6 of them are Indian!
HIMESH MANKAD @himeshmankad |6 January 2016

One of the leading film production houses in India, YRF, has made a heartwarming announcement today -- that of the world's first transgender fusion band.

The band called '6 pack band' comprises 6 transgender artists and "will be a game changer in the film industry", said Sonu Nigam, who is lending his support to the band.

The band makes for another fresh step in YRF's continued support of Goal 5 of the United Nations' Global Goals for Sustainable Development. Goal 5 is about achieving gender equality.

While talking about the project at a press conference, Sonu Nigam said that he is proud to be associated with it and that he always wanted to do something for the transgender community. He also mentioned that he had interacted with a few transgenders in the early days of his career.

http://www.catchnews.com/music-news/yrf-announces-world-first-transgender-band-in-association-with-sonu-nigam-big-news-breaking-bollywood-news-1452075993.html

Offline admina

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • www.sonu-nigam.com
« Reply #6 on: 09. January 2016, 20:16:26 »

Didn’t think I’ll ever write a song: Vidhu Vinod Chopra
Vidhu Vinod Chopra, who has turned lyricist for the first time for a song in "Wazir", says he never thought what he'd write would become "final".

By: IANS | New Delhi | Updated: January 6, 2016 5:15 pm

Filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra, who has turned lyricist for the first time for a song in “Wazir”, says he never thought what he’d write would become “final”.
He has penned the words for “Tere Bin”, a low tempo romantic track sung by Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghoshal, with music by Shantanu Moitra.

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/didnt-think-ill-ever-write-a-song-vidhu-vinod-chopra/

Offline admina

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • www.sonu-nigam.com
« Reply #7 on: 09. January 2016, 20:25:43 »

Red Label, YRF launch India's first transgender music band
The idea was brought together by Mindshare Fulcrum
Pritha Mitra Dasgupta  |  ETBrandEquity  |  06 January 2016, 4:18 PM IST

Hindustan Unilever's tea brand Brooke Bond Red Label Red Label and Yash Raj Films (YRF) have come together to launch India's first transgender music band as a part of co-branded association. Conceptualised by Mindshare Fulcrum, the idea was pitched to HUL by YRF on Content Day in June last year.

This 6-member band will be called Brooke Bond Red Label 6-Pack band that will make six songs. YRF will make six music videos featuring Sonu Nigam and the band. Brooke Bond Red Label spokesperson, Shiva Krishnamurthy said, "Brooke Bond Red Label believes in making the world a more welcoming place and we encourage people to live those little moments that bring us all closer by breaking barriers over a cup of tea. This time we chose the medium of music to spread this message."

Ashish Patil, business & creative head, VP: Youth Films, Brand Partnerships, Talent Management at Yash Raj Films India, said, "It takes huge conviction and belief for a brand to do something so risky. We pitched the idea to HUL on Content Day and now after all these months it is materialising."

He further added, "Mindshare Fulcrum has not only conceptualised the whole idea but also played a key role in bringing us together."

Talking about the formation of the band Patil said that it is YRF that has brought the band members together. The band has been curated by composer Shameer Tandon and comprises of 6 transgender singers. The album kick-starts with a single which is a rendition of Pharrell William's global hit 'Happy' - as 'Hum Hain Happy' that also features Nigam.

http://brandequity.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/business-of-brands/red-label-yrf-launches-indias-first-transgender-music-band/50468020

Offline admina

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • www.sonu-nigam.com
« Reply #8 on: 09. January 2016, 20:26:53 »

Sonu Nigam breaks down at launch of India's first transgender band
Jan 06, 2016 | Rohit Bhatnagar | Mumbai

Mumbai: Y Films launches India's first ever transgender band called ‘6 Pack Band’. The band comprising of 6 transgenders from across the city of Mumbai launched their fist single ‘Hum Hain Happy’ online today.
Talented singer Sonu Nigam has joined hands with the group for this initiative and will also feature in six music videos with band.
Present at the launch, Sonu said, "When I was quite popular in 90's, I always wanted to do something for this community. I loved them on sets. I really liked the innocence in them. They all are like kids. They used to sing my songs on the sets."
Sonu got emotional and choked on stage when he said, "When I was a kid, I used to wonder ‘what if I would have been born this way?’ This was the reason behind me saying yes to this idea."
Producer of the music video, Ashish Patil said, "Anushka is also believer in this theme. She gave the voice over for the music video."
The bandmembers, who shared the stage with the famed singer went on to share a few word about their new project. ‘6 Pack Band’ member Komal said that they would love to do many more things like this.
Her band member Fida also joined in saying, "I want to enjoy the moment by sharing the stage with Sonu Nigam."
At the event, the band gave the media their first live performance by singing the popular Sonu Nigam song 'Jeena'.

http://www.asianage.com/bollywood/sonu-nigam-breaks-down-launch-indias-first-transgender-band-297